PMT Nuclear (Preferred Metal Technologies, Inc.) is a company that specializes in designing, manufacturing, qualifying and testing safety related and non-safety related custom HVAC equipment to commercial nuclear power plants. With over 100,000 sq. ft. of fabrication space and over 400 qualified welders at our disposal, we have the resources and manpower to support the largest of projects. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Engineering Manager. The Project Engineer will assume the lead on multiple nuclear projects from design to shipment.
- Assigned as the lead project engineer for multiple projects concurrently.
- Handle the projects in all aspects from conceptual design thru fabrication and shipment.
- Review design drawings, assist in design of custom equipment.
- Generate test procedures, perform functional testing of equipment, and generate test reports.
- Review customer specifications and ensure PMT designed equipment conforms to specification requirements.
- Be responsible for profitability of projects assigned.
- Interface with customers on a daily basis, occasionally including site meetings and equipment walk downs.
- Generate project schedules.
- Generate and review calculations / reports.
- Procurement of equipment and materials; interface with vendors.
- Provide supplemental engineering support on other projects as needed.
- Work within the requirements of the PMT 10 CFR 50 Appendix B Quality Assurance Program.
- 5-10 years’ work experience; Background in HVAC or manufacturing a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, structural engineering or electrical engineering from an accredited institution; Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) degrees with experience will be considered with relevant work experience.
- FMEA experience a plus.
- EIT or PE a plus.
- Must be willing to occasionally travel out of state; Typically trips are less then one week, up to five times per year; occasionally longer durations.
- Must be able to gain unescorted access to nuclear power plants.
- PMT Nuclear is a drug free workplace; Employees must pass random drug tests given by PMT and drug tests to gain access to nuclear power plants.
The following skills are required:
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to understand and interpret customer specifications and national codes and standards (e.g. ASME, IEEE, etc…).
- Must be thorough in generating clear and concise documentation.