The Structural Engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Utilize ANSYS® and or hand calculations as required to perform structural analysis on PMT designed HVAC equipment such as dampers, ductwork, air handling units, chillers, heat exchangers, and piping systems.
- Generate comprehensive reports documenting the structural analysis; work with customers to resolve any of their comments, update the reports, and get the reports approved.
- Review design drawings, assist in design of custom equipment
- Review customer specifications and ensure PMT designed equipment conforms to specification requirements
- Generate and review calculations / reports
- Provide supplemental engineering support on other projects as needed, possibly managing projects of your own as the company’s workload dictates
- Work within the requirements of the PMT 10 CFR 50 Appendix B Quality Assurance Program
Following skills are required:
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Proficient in ANSYS®, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to understand and interpret customer specifications and national standards (e.g. ASME, IEEE, etc.…)
- Must be thorough in generating clear and concise documentation
- 5-10 years experience; Background in HVAC or manufacturing a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or masters degree in structural engineering or mechanical engineering from an accredited institution
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), or currently endeavoring to become a PE
- Some minor amount of travel out of state may be required; a trip would only be a few days for a site meeting or walk down.
- Must be able to gain un-escorted access to nuclear power plants
- PMT Nuclear is a drug free workplace; Employees must pass random drug tests given by PMT and drug tests to gain access to nuclear power plants.
- We are an employee owned company (ESOP)
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Profit Sharing
No relocation expenses will be offered.
We are an equal opportunity employer!
Job Type: Full-time