PMT Nuclear is a company that specializes in designing, manufacturing, qualifying, and testing safety related, and non-safety related custom HVAC equipment for installation at commercial nuclear power plants. We are constantly supplying chillers, air handling units, filtration units, heat exchangers, ductwork, dampers, and other critical equipment to most domestic and many foreign utilities.
Founded in 1994, PMT Nuclear began with a core group of personnel who had spent their careers in commercial nuclear power construction and started off as a custom sheet metal shop. Over the years, our product offering has expanded into areas such as piping, chillers, and digital controls. Today we are part of one of the largest HVAC mechanical contractors in Illinois, AMS Industries Inc. With over 100,000 sq. ft. of fabrication space and over 400 qualified welders at our disposal, we have the resources and manpower to support the largest of projects. We have field personnel that can install and start-up the equipment we fabricate so that our projects can truly be turn-key for our customers.
Located in our beautiful Woodridge, IL facility and reporting to the Director of Nuclear Sales, the Sales Associate will be responsible for increased sales in an assigned territory. Promote PMT clients and interface by direct contact regarding all our HVAC Nuclear offerings.
- Interface with clients, including by direct contact, to identify new opportunities, solicit RFQs, and negotiate/close contracts.
- Document sales visits and calls and follow up on opportunities.
- Use best sales and marketing efforts to promote PMT to the clients and educate them on PMT’s capabilities
- Work with PMT’s estimating and engineering personnel to help develop technical proposals and costs, and to ensure that PMT proposals are submitted in a timely manner / prior to the bid due dates.
- Utilize your best efforts to increase sales within the assigned territory.
- Interface with PMT’s other sales representatives as required to help secure additional business to meet PMT¹s annual sales targets.
- Act solely in PMT¹s best interests and not promote the sale of competitors products or services.
- Document new opportunities and customer contact information within the PMT sales/estimating database
- Provide feedback to PMT management about market trends or planned expenses within our client base, including supporting long term business planning to ensure PMT is properly positioned to provide products and services as dictated by the market.
- Attend industry shows / conferences as required to promote PMT’s products and services
- Work with our marketing personnel to help generate promotional / sales materials such as brochures and other written marketing data.
- Bachelor Science degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 8 years of Mechanical Contracting Industry Sales.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Regular travel both locally and nationally is required
- Must be able to gain access to nuclear power plants (suitable background check).
- Basic / general knowledge of HVAC systems and associated equipment (including chillers, piping, ductwork, dampers, air handling units, filtration units, etc.).
- Energetic and outgoing personality.